We are a family owned and operated shop continuing a family tradition started by Lee Thomas here in Kelso in 1960.
We specialize in the maintenance and repair of automatic transmissions, providing honest, quality service at fair prices.
Our story -
Lee & Linda Thomas opened Lee's Automatic Transmission Service in West Kelso in 1960. In 1969 they moved the transmission shop business here to 404 N Pacific Ave. and continued to serve the community until Lee's passing in 2002. The shop continued in business being run by their son-in-law until late 2011.
Al Thomas, (one of Lee's sons and Herb's brother), opened Al's Automatic Transmission in St. Helens, OR. in 1980 and ran it with his wife until 1984 when they opened a new shop, Tigard Transmissions in Tigard, OR.
Herb took over Al's Automatic Transmission in August of 1984 and we ran it until April of 2012, serving the community for 28 years.
Herb's son, Gannin Thomas, has continued the family tradition into the 3rd generation establishing his own shop, Generation Transmission, in Warren, OR.
When we (Herb & Sheri) moved the business to the Lee's Transmission building in Kelso, WA opening on Lee's birthday in April of 2012, the name was changed to Thomas Automatic Transmissions to encompass the family name of all that had come before and strengthen the ties to all of our family's customers both in Columbia and Cowlitz counties.
Our goal is to continue the family traditions doing our best to earn your business and t help you to keep your vehicles on the road for many years to come.
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
NIGHT DROP AVAILABLE
404 N Pacific Avenue
Kelso, WA 98626
Who we are-
* We are continuing a family tradition started in 1960 by Lee Thomas
* We are family owned and operated
* We have been in business ourselves since 1984, Herb grew up around this work.
* We are specialized to serve you best - automatic transmissions are what we do.
How we work-
* We always started with the least costly choices
* We provide our customrs with clear information and options to make an informed decision
* We look for the most cost effective, reliable solutions based on the age, mileage and planned use of the vehicle
What we do-
* We perform and stress the importance of timely, proper maintenance
* We do our own, in-house rebuilding of most domestic automatic transmissions with most recent available updates. 1 year/12,000 mile warranties on complete overhauls (we do everything)
* We will acquire and install factory or after-market remanufactured units that have longer warranties available
* We will install used units purchased by the customer.
- Scanner Diagnostics
- Test Drives
- Fluid & Filter changes, Flushes
- Leak repairs
- Remove & Replace Transmissions
- Rebuild Automatic Transmissions
- Install Reman'd Units
- External Transmission Coolers